CMS 4500 Global Contexts is open to CMS students who have successfully completed the prerequisite courses, CMS 3020 and CMS 3101. Links to other sections of this syllabus can be found in the header as well as the “General Class Policies” menu. Additional course materials are available to enrolled students through GA View.
This syllabus is for the Fall 2017 semester. Check this online syllabus regularly to make sure that you have the most current information.
CRNs, times, and classroom
- CRN: 81130, MW 2:10 PM – 3:25 PM, Room: T214
- The Globalization Reader, Edited by Frank J. Lechner and John Boli, 5th ed.
- A Writer’s Reference, by Diane Hacker (any edition)
Required films (streaming)
- Maria Full of Grace (Joshua Marston, 2004)
- La Haine (Mathieu Kassovitz, 1995)
- Devdas (Sanjay Leela Bhansali, 2002)
Required film (not streaming)
Each student will choose one of the films listed on the Film Analysis directions page. The student is responsible for buying or otherwise accessing this film. I recommend buying a DVD or downloadable copy, since you will need to watch it several times.
My contact information including office hours is collected on separate page.
Individuals with disabilities who need to request accommodations should contact the Disability Services Coordinator, Student Center 255, 678-466-5445, firstname.lastname@example.org.